Before exportation, testing of jute and its commodities plays a essential and vital role. The testing procedure consists of physical test, chemical and analytic test, biological ingredient test, jute composites test and ecological test. All over India, several jute testing services are available. Well equipped laboratories and testing instruments are needed for testing. The most prominent test services are attainable from Indian Jute Industries Research Association (IJIRA) where services are backed with well trained expertise and latest laboratory equipments.
Different testing methods
This form of testing takes care of following points :
- Raw jute :
- Bundle strength, Single Fibre Tenacity and Elongation, Air-flow Fineness, Single Fibre Fineness, Jute Grading.
- Slivers :
- Grist (Count) and count CV%, Irregularity, Fibre length distribution.
- Yarn :
- Grist (Count) and count CV%, Quality ratio and Breaking Elongation, Strength CV%, Twist, Mass Evenness (short-term), Imperfections/faults, d B-L curve, Mechanical properties including creep and stress relaxation, weavability test.
- Fabrics :
- Strength and Br. Elongation, Bursting strength, Abrasion Resistance, Air-permeability, Flexural Rigidity, Drape, Thermal conductivity, cloth Analysis, Fabric defect analysis.
- Bag :
- Physical properties, construction, Drop test, Seam strength.
- Carpet :
- Abrasion Resistance
- Image Analysis :
- Silver color and cover of fabric, pure size distribution in fabric.
Chemical and analytical test
This test handles and takes care of fiber identification in yarn, emulsifier, jute batching oil, residual starch on fabric, removal of non fibrous material, starch content, alkali acidity content (pH), flammability, test of chemical auxiliaries, color fastness, dye staff analysis, water repellency and fire retardant.
This form of testing handles bacterial count, pectinase activity, rot resistance, anti meldew resistance, rot profing and multiple culture.
Jute composite testing
This type of testing handles density, thickness, water absorption, thickness swelling, flexural strength and modulus, tensile strength and modulus, dynamic properties, infra-red spectroscopy, thermal properties, izod impact and shear test.
Inspectorate group company
In India, the Inspectorate group company has its head office in kolkata which is an approved surveyor for jute goods complied by Hessian exchange limited and East India jute. The approval is given by an organization recommended by Calcutta Jute Fabric Shippers Association and IJMA ( Indian Jute mills Association ). The company is well equipped with latest laboratory equipments and facilities. Highly applicable for testing oil contents and textile strengths of jute, Inspectorate analyzes and keeps track of various parameters like bales or trusses of all sizes, rolls of carpet packing, cores and protective jute wrapping, yarn and turine on spool and packaged on truses and packaging of decorative fabrics as per agreement between buyer and seller.